Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. In 2022, with nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them.
In 2022, the Veolia group provided 111 million inhabitants with drinking water and 97 million with sanitation, produced 44 terawatt hours and recovered 61 million tonnes of waste.
Veolia in China
Since the early 1990s, Veolia fast established itself as a leader in water, waste and energy services in Greater China, taking responsibility for some of the nation's most prized assets and setting institutional benchmarks for ecological transformation across the nation.
Today, Veolia China serves more than 100 sites in around 50 cities of Greater China. Veolia China offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, solid and hazardous waste treatment, energy management, resource recovery and on-site services for industry.
Key Figures (Veolia China 2022)
- Provided 15 million of people with drinking water
- Introduced 1.63 billion m3 of drinking water to network
- Collected 287.5 million m3 of wastewater
- 3.22 million of people connected to our wastewater networks
- 671,900 people covered by municipal waste collection
- 55,200 tons of plastic recycled in transformation plants
- 570,000 tons of hazardous waste treated
- 5,745 GWh of energy produced
- 937,114 people connected to district heating networks
- 161 building energy services contracts signed
- 26,10.36 million m3 of cooling water produced
- 43 million m3 of process water produced for clients
- 42 million m3 of effluent treated