- Organic and inorganic contaminants can be treated at the same time;
- Volume of subject contaminants can be reduced significantly;
- No off-gas or waste water discharges from the system during treatment;
- One of the few permanent treatment alternatives for soils contaminated with metals;
- Be able to treat broad range of influent contaminants;
- The washing reagent can be clean water or chemical reagents;
- Soil can be backfilled post-remediation depending upon site conditions.
Applicable polluted sites:
- Feasible for excavation project with heavy metal and/or complex contaminants;
- The economic benefit will be improved when silt or clay content is less than 30%.